2012 TKFI Karate-do Summer Camp (Gasshuku)
Camp Erdman, Oahu, Hawaii
July 2-7, 2012 (July 1 travel day)
Welcome to the 2012 TKFI Karate-do Summer Camp (Gasshuku). We have selected the YMCA Camp Erdman as our site for the training retreat that will be forever etched as one of your best gasshuku. Located at 69-385 Farrington Highway, in Waialua, on the North Shore of Oahu, this gorgeous setting promises to provide all the ingredients we will need for a perfect summer camp.
Camp Erdman sits on 20 acres and its beautiful surroundings will energize your spirit so you can train with more intensity and enthusiasm.
Camp Erdman provides a professional staff carefully selected for their skils, knowledge and high energy. Their primary goals is to promote caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility for everybody, including the environment. Staff members must pass a mandatory drug test, have a background check, complete a training program, participate with ongoing training dealing with safety, be periodically evaluated and certified in CPR/AED, First Aid and Lifeguard Training.
Meals are prepared under the direction of a their certified Food Service Director and the kitchen staff, and are served family style. We will be responsible for setting our tables before each meal and for clearing and cleaning our tables after the meal ends. Breakfast will be served at 8 AM, lunch at 12 PM and dinner at 5:00 PM. For activities that take us off campus, sack lunches will be prepared to take with us.
Cabins are furnished with bunk beds that sleep one person on top and one person on the bottom. Each cabin have electricity and indoor restrooms (sink, toilet, and shower). The ocean cabins sleep 8 people each. You are required to bring your own linen, or rent them if you desire.
Other than Karate training, other camp activities included at Camp Erdman is Swimming, Arts & Crafts, Archery, Climbing Wall, Mountain Interpretive Hike, and Campfires. TKFI will also conduct sightseeing and off campus activities.
We will be renting a couple of vans, however if you wish to rent your own car to possibly assist us in transportation for tours and off camp activities, please contact a car rental agency at the Honolulu International Airport. Camp Erdman will also have 3 buses available.
TKFI Karate-do Gasshuku is for all TKFI members, their guests and family members. Non TKFI members must be invited by one of the Shihan Kai members. Volunteers for chaperones and other activities are welcome.
For those of you needing fundraising ideas, please consider some of these helpful hints:
- Create a Hawaii Gasshuku Fundraising Committee
- Check the World Wide Web for thousands of creative ideas
- Community Garage Sales
- Car Washes
- sponsorship from local businesses
Camp Erdman: 5 Nights
6 Days from July 2 - July 7, 2012
Please arrange to arrive at the Honolulu International Airport in the late morning or early afternoon on July 1, as this will be your travel day. Camp will begin early on July 2.
- Roundtrip transportation to Camp Erdman from Honolulu International Airport
- 3 meals per day
- Outdoor Hawaiian Luau
- Daily Karate Training (morning and afternoon sessions)
- Other Camp Activities (swimming, mountain hike, archery, arts & crafts, campfires, skits)
- Circle Island Tour
- All of the cabins have electricity and indoor restrooms (sink, toilet, & shower). They are furnished with bunk beds that sleep one person on top and one person on the bottom.
Makai (Ocean-side) Cabins
- 6 cabins sleep 8 people each.
- TKFI members - $450.00
- Non TKFI members - $650.00
- Parents/Friends (non-training) - $400.00
- Camp Erdman Gasshuku Itinerary (Updated)
- Camp Erdman Retreat Information Sheet
- Camp Erdman Gasshuku Fees
- Camp Erdman Photos Flyer #1
- Camp Erdman Photos Flyer #2
Mail completed form with full payment to:
2012 TKFI Karate-do Summer Camp,
1535 Harbeck Road, Grants Pass, OR 97527
Deadline for Early Registration is August 1, 2011.
No registration will be accepted after December 31, 2011.
- Download Form: Karate Camp Application & Information Form